“A needs to learn for all builders that are looking to commence severe Android development.”
—Justin Anderson, Freelance Android Developer
“From begin to end, this publication includes a number of nice counsel and perception into an important attributes of Android layout. This publication will certainly be required interpreting for any of our destiny Android engineers.”
—Cameron Banga, Cofounder, 9magnets, LLC
There’s a draw back to Android’s remarkable openness and flexibility: it’s effortless for builders to put in writing code that’s inefficient, unreliable, insecure, or not easy to keep up. In Android improvement Patterns , company Android developer Phil Dutson is helping you leverage Android 5.0+’s awesome strength with out falling sufferer to these pitfalls. Dutson provides today’s so much accomplished set of styles and systems for development optimized, powerful apps with Android 5.0+.
First, Dutson courses you thru setting up a hugely effective improvement surroundings and workflow, and checking out your app to make sure that your code works simply as you predict. Then, he walks throughout the smooth top practices for structuring apps, utilizing widgets and elements, and dealing with views.
You tips on how to construct apps which are effortless to control and replace, bring actual and up to date details with out wasting your battery energy, and make the most of new undefined, reminiscent of Android put on and Android television. Dutson concludes by way of featuring strong recommendations for optimizing your apps and packaging them for distribution.
Using trying out to construct extra reliable, in charge, maintainable apps
Understanding refined yet serious modifications among Android and conventional Java programming
Building constant, glossy consumer interfaces with perspectives and layouts
Leveraging the confirmed MVC trend to cleanly arrange logic
Creating wealthy visible studies with 3D pics, animation, and media
Simplifying catch and use of situation facts with the recent destinations API
Integrating non-compulsory undefined, reminiscent of Bluetooth, NFC, or USB
Building higher apps with Google Play Services
Creating Android put on notifications and apps
Tuning and bettering apps with Google Analytics
Designing Android television apps for the “ten foot view”
By Andy Wigley
Extend your programming services around the widest diversity of cellular units with this incisive consultant to Microsoft ASP.NET cellular controls. Now built-in into Microsoft visible Studio .NET 2003, ASP.NET cellular controls assist you to construct functions that render intelligently on diverse devices—regardless of markup language, browser, or shape issue. The authors expertly consultant you thru the cellular internet program improvement strategy, explaining easy methods to absolutely make the most visible Studio .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 for fast and extra versatile improvement. observe tips on how to create leading edge, intuitive solutions—instead of wrestling with interoperability issues.
Learn how to:
- Build cellular internet types pages with device-independent houses, tools, and events
- Use “code-behind” ideas to split programming common sense from the UI
- Employ the normal controls or obtain new customized controls
- Build controls from scratch and software gadget adapters
- Create kinds and magnificence sheets
- Customize functions for particular units with templates
- Access information utilizing Microsoft ADO.NET and the visible Database Tools
- Know while to take advantage of software vs. consultation state
- Apply top practices for utilizing XML internet providers in cellular applications
- Help safe purposes with ASP.NET authentication services
- Develop multilingual and multicultural applications
- Debug code, seize runtime error, and use software program emulators to check applications
- Configure, package deal, and install applications
By Cesare Rocchi
This is quantity 2 of a 2-Volume book.
iOS five is among the largest improvements to iOS to this point, and has a ton of amazing good points that you’ll certainly are looking to commence utilizing on your apps. the single challenge is, there’s now not a ton of documentation or pattern code at the new APIs, so they’re usually relatively tough to learn!
This is the place iOS five by way of Tutorials is available in! The aim of the e-book is that can assist you get up-to-speed with the recent iOS five APIs within the fastest and easiest method – through tutorials!
This ebook is for intermediate or complex iOS builders, who already be aware of the fundamentals of iOS improvement yet are looking to improve their abilities to iOS 5.
iOS five via Tutorials quantity 2 covers the subsequent APIs:
- Twitter Integration: how you can use the hot integrated Twitter integration aid in iOS 5.
- Newsstand: how you can make a magazine-style app that's built-in with the hot Newsstand app.
- UIPageViewController: the best way to make your view controllers transition with web page curls.
- Turn-Based Gaming: the way to make turn-based video games simply with the hot video game heart API.
- Core Image: the way to use the hot middle photograph framework to use filters for your app’s images.
- View Controller Containment: the way to comprise view controllers within others – the fitting way.
- Working with JSON in iOS 5: find out how to use the recent integrated JSON parsing and writing support.
- UIKit Particle Systems: how one can make neat particle results in UIKit.
- Using the iOS Dictionary: how one can combine the iOS five dictionary at once on your apps.
- New AddressBook APIs: find out about the recent social profile, vCards, and more.
- New situation APIs: learn the way ahead and opposite geocoding simply received much more uncomplicated.
- New video game middle APIs: find out about the recent notification banner, participant images, and extra.
- New Calendar APIs: find out about the recent calendar chooser and customized calendars.
The iOS instructional group takes satisfaction in ensuring each one instructional we write holds to the top criteria of caliber. we need our tutorials to be good written, effortless to stick with, and enjoyable. And we don’t are looking to simply skim the skin of a subject matter – we wish to relatively dig into it, so that you can really know the way it really works and follow the information at once on your personal apps.
By the time you’re accomplished examining this publication, your abilities can be thoroughly brand new with iOS five, and you’ll be capable of use those new applied sciences instantaneously on your apps!
By Lauren Darcey
In simply 24 classes of 1 hour or much less, construct strong apps for the world’s most well liked cellular platform: Android. utilizing this book’s undemanding, step by step process, you’ll construct entire Android five apps from the floor up with Android Studio. As you do, you’ll grasp key talents for designing, constructing, and publishing significant apps of your personal. commonly up-to-date for Android 5’s latest functions, each lesson builds on what you’ve already realized, supplying you with a rock-solid origin for real-world success!
Highlights of this new Fourth version comprise
Extensive new insurance: Android five (Lollipop), Android Studio, and fabric layout; plus Android M early preview
A laser concentrate on glossy Android necessities, together with actions, intents, assets, and historical past processing
New Android five positive factors for Android television and Android put on
Complete Android Studio initiatives in approximately each bankruptcy
Learn how to…
Use the strong new Android Studio improvement atmosphere
Build layouts that immediately show accurately on any machine
Craft extra dynamic, intuitive apps with Google’s new fabric layout language
Display the suitable info on the correct time with ListViews and adapters
Make apps extra responsive with heritage strategies
Add subtle navigation with motion toolbars and slide-out menus
Integrate photographs and media into your apps
Save info in your app and create public records that may be utilized by an individual
Access the cloud to obtain and parse JSON facts
Use SQLite and content material prone to create responsive, data-driven apps
Create, replace, and cancel notifications
Start constructing Android Wearable and television apps
Use Google Play providers so as to add place, mapping, and extra
Package and post apps to Google Play and different markets
By Erica Sadun
Apple lavished iOS with a wealthy and evolving library of resolution-independent 2nd drawing utilities. Its APIs contain robust gains akin to transparency, path-based drawing, anti-aliasing, and extra. Harness those low-level, light-weight drawing exercises on your apps to construct photos, to create PDFs, to demonstrate perspectives, and to print. during this consultant, Erica Sadun, bestselling writer of The center iOS 6 Developer's Cookbook and The complex iOS 6 Developer's Cookbook, is helping readers discover iOS drawing via an abundance of examples along lots of motives and counsel. This brief paintings offers the fundamental how-to builders have to start. you are going to know about those particular subject matters: the elemental techniques of Quartz (Core pictures) and UIKit drawing The coordinate procedure, paths, protecting, and clipping textual content drawing Transparency and alpha channels, drawing modes, mixing, colours, and areas Transforms and geometry styles, shadows, and gradients Bitmaps and pixels nearly 311 pages. For comparable content material via writer Erica Sadun, see iOS car structure Demystified, The middle iOS 6 Developer’s Cookbook, and The complicated iOS 6 Developer’s Cookbook. informit.com/sadun To entry the code samples, stopover at https://github.com/erica/iOS-Drawing.
By Jesse Feiler
Create widgets and net apps for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac OS X with Dashcode
Dashcode is a software program software that makes it speedy and simple to create dashboard widgets and net apps for Mac pcs, iPhone, and iPad. Widgets and internet apps attach clients with content material from the internet resembling Twitter feeds, motion picture showtimes, information updates, and extra. Dashcode offers a library of picture parts and traditional code that you simply drag-and-drop into your app, and this advisor exhibits you ways to take advantage of it to carry your notion to existence. discover ways to create, customise, and distribute your apps, whether you are a programming novice.
- Dashcode presents a brief and straightforward approach to create dashboard and internet widgets for Apple devices
- This advisor indicates you the way to take advantage of the integrated Dashcode instruments, together with graphical components and sensible code, to create net apps utilizing your data
- Learn to customise your app, upload media, retrieve info from internet prone in your app, and install your widgets
- Even if you are new to programming, you could learn how to create and distribute widgets with Dashcode
Dashcode For Dummies will get you up and operating with this cool software for developing designated internet apps and dashboard widgets.
A advisor to construction and enhancing Tcl scripts to automate community management tasks
Streamline Cisco community management and store time with Tcl scripting
Cisco networking execs are less than relentless strain to complete extra, quicker, and with fewer assets. tips to meet this problem is to automate mundane or repetitive initiatives at any place attainable. during this ebook, 3 Cisco specialists aid you use Tcl scripting for Cisco IOS units to just do that.
You’ll study effortless thoughts for developing, utilizing, and editing Tcl scripts that run at once on Cisco community units from the Cisco IOS command line. The authors first train simple Tcl instructions and ideas for taking pictures and manipulating information and for querying or controlling Cisco gear. construction on those middle abilities, they aid you write scripts that automate and streamline many universal IOS configuration, tracking, and problem-solving tasks.
The authors stroll during the complete script improvement procedure, together with making plans and flowcharting what you need to accomplish, formatting your code, including reviews, and troubleshooting script blunders. additionally they current many downloadable pattern scripts, besides useful advice for adapting them in your personal environment.
Whatever your position in dealing with, tracking, or securing Cisco IOS networks and kit, this ebook may also help you get the task performed extra swiftly and efficiently.
- Automate regimen management initiatives you’ve continuously played manually
- Instantly acquire and adjust IOS router configurations and different data
- Write Syslog scripts to record disasters, video display community well-being, gather facts, and ship alarm messages
- Implement computerized community functionality dimension utilizing IP SLA
- Use the Embedded occasion Manager’s occasion detectors, server, and rules to customise gadget operation
- Trigger preplanned activities to right difficulties as they arise
- Simplify coverage administration utilizing the Tcl script refresh feature
- Protect Tcl script safeguard with electronic signatures and PKI
- Understand how Tcl features in the Cisco IOS environment
- Master Tcl syntax and instructions via hands-on practice
- Learn top scripting practices via professional examples
- Quickly adjust this book’s examples in your personal environment
This publication is a part of the Networking expertise sequence from Cisco Press®, which bargains networking execs priceless info for developing effective networks, figuring out new applied sciences, and development winning careers.
By Scott Meyers
Good desktop books make assumptions in regards to the reader: what they do and don’t recognize once they decide up the publication, and what they need to understand once they positioned it down. for every reader this might be very diversified; consequently, a publication that fits one individual is probably not the easiest for an additional. Mac OS X Leopard: past the Manual makes a few assumptions too, ones that have a tendency to vary from different Mac OS X books.
First of all, we think that you've got used a working laptop or computer in that prior: that you simply know the way to exploit a mouse and also you understand the right kind position to stay a DVD to get it to play on your computing device. We won’t be displaying you this stuff. (We will, despite the fact that, display to our Mac converts tips on how to “right click on” on a trackpad with just one button!).
Second, we suppose you recognize what you must do along with your computing device. we will not waste some time displaying you particularly, step–by–step tips on how to order a pizza from Pizza Galaxy in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with Safari (though, while you’re performed with this booklet we predict you’ll be capable to do that simply fine... if this type of position exists, anyway).
Finally, we suppose that you're a kind of clever one that realizes the price of such words as “Give a guy a fish; you may have fed him for this present day. train a guy to fish; and you've got fed him for a life-time” and will think how that may practice to a working laptop or computer book.
If this appears like you, then we expect you will find this e-book rewarding.
Inside you'll find every little thing you must wake up to hurry with Mac OS X Leopard together with:
- Using the normal incorporated Leopard purposes together with Mail, Safari, Preview, and extra
- Taking benefit of the Darwin subsystem in Leopard
- Learning all of the fine details of the Finder and Leopards more desirable interface
- Administering your desktop for your self and for others
- Working with different desktops and working structures from you Mac
- Configuring the community to take complete benefit of the robust networking features in Leopard
- Working with upload on units through USB,Firewire, and Bluetooth
- Effectively imposing facts backup, restoration and safeguard
- Getting begun with OS X improvement in Leopard
With the thousands of apps within the crowded Apple iTunes App shop, it may be tough to get your apps spotted. how are you going to make your app stand proud of the group and get it the experiences it merits?
iOS Wow Factor exhibits you the way to get spotted! It explains the right way to transcend the fundamentals and the place to "break the principles" to offer your clients a "wow" adventure! you are going to learn how to use typical controls, in addition to to create non-standard controls and high-impact customized interactions to gain really compelling app designs.
Get grounded in Apple's Human Interface directions (HIG) that you should get pleasure from all its knowledge. From that very good beginning, stream past the HIG and the way to make sure that your whole apps have that "wow" issue. study all approximately consumer event (UX) layout thoughts, with and past Apple's HIG, and the way to maneuver your apps out of mundane layout and into leading edge person reports. research the features and constraints of the iOS platform and the way to leverage its strengths to greatest impact on your apps.
iOS Wow Factor explains what makes a profitable cellular app layout, and the way to use these ideas of luck on your personal apps. when you get the iOS Wow Factor into your apps, you could watch your app adoption price raise and achieve the traction it must prevail and earn a revenue within the Apple iTunes App Store.
discover every little thing you will have to "wow" your destiny customers!
By James White